- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Be Transformed to Live a Fruitful Life
May 26, 2021 – May 28, 2021 CDT
Philippians 1:9-11 NLT
9 I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.
10 For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return.
11 May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ —for this will bring much glory and praise to God.
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Philippians 1:9-11 NLT
- The Greek word for “love” in v. 9 is “agape”, which has the meaning of “unconditional love” or “selfless action for another person”. Recall an incident when you received “agape” and another incident when you gave “agape”.
- Imagine a vine, growing strongly, abundantly leafy, drooping with bunches of grapes. In what way is this a good image to describe how Jesus wants us to grow in him?
- Pray that you grow deeper in your faith, i.e. grow in knowledge and understanding of Christ. Jesus said in John 15:8 “When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.”
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will give you an opportunity to allow your love to overflow, i.e. to perform a selfless action for another person.
- Pray for the transformation of ACC to be a FRUITFUL body of Christ ready to do the work God has called us to do – be witnesses of God in Arlington and Southlake. WE ARE FILLED WITH THE FRUIT OF OUR SALVATION – THE RIGHTEOUS CHARACTER PRODUCED IN OUR LIVES BY JESUS CHRIST.