- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Living as faithful stewards
March 24, 2021 All day
Matthew 25:14-30 NLT
14 “Again, the Kingdom of Heaven can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. He called together his servants and entrusted his money to them while he was gone.
15 He gave five bags of silver to one, two bags of silver to another, and one bag of silver to the last—dividing it in proportion to their abilities. He then left on his trip.
16 “The servant who received the five bags of silver began to invest the money and earned five more.
17 The servant with two bags of silver also went to work and earned two more.
18 But the servant who received the one bag of silver dug a hole in the ground and hid the master’s money.
19 “After a long time their master returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money.
20 The servant to whom he had entrusted the five bags of silver came forward with five more and said, ‘Master, you gave me five bags of silver to invest, and I have earned five more.’
21 “The master was full of praise. ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
22 “The servant who had received the two bags of silver came forward and said, ‘Master, you gave me two bags of silver to invest, and I have earned two more.’
23 “The master said, ‘Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let’s celebrate together!’
24 “Then the servant with the one bag of silver came and said, ‘Master, I knew you were a harsh man, harvesting crops you didn’t plant and gathering crops you didn’t cultivate.
25 I was afraid I would lose your money, so I hid it in the earth. Look, here is your money back.’
26 “But the master replied, ‘You wicked and lazy servant! If you knew I harvested crops I didn’t plant and gathered crops I didn’t cultivate,
27 why didn’t you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.’
28 “Then he ordered, ‘Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver.
29 To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.
30 Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30 NLT
- God has given you “bags of silver” to “invest”. Examine your bags and list their contents: examples are academic training, careers, enterprising accomplishments, abilities to teach/to administer/to care, finances/money, art/music, etc.
- If you were the servant/steward with 5 bags, what would you say to the one with 2 or 1? what if you were the one with 1 bag, what would you say to the one with 2 or 5?
- Say “thank you” to God, who creates you, gives you talents and abilities, and trusts you to be a good steward of everything He gives you.
- Ask God to show you how you may use your resources/talents/abilities to serve Him and to help each other. Commit to do what He shows you. 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 NLT: 4 There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. 5 There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. 6 God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us. 7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
- Pray for the unity of all ACC brothers and sisters as Apostle admonished in Ephesians 4:3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit. We are united to be good stewards of everything that God has given ACC so that His name will be known in our communities (Arlington and Southlake).