- This event has passed.
English Worship 2022-10-09
October 9 @ 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
|Worship in Song||Worship Team|
|Prayers for the Police|
|Message Membership Has Its Privileges 1 Corin 5||Pastor Jason|
|The preaching theme of the year 2022 is “Why Church?” Through the Book of Acts|
and Ecclesiology, we will learn the meaning of the church that God created, and
how we can worship God, grow in spirit, and share the gospel together.
- Baptism. If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior and would like to get baptized, please apply by 10/16. If you want to become a member of ACC, you may apply at any time.
- Deacon Nomination. We begin accepting nominations for a new term of Deacons starting today until October 31st. The term is for two years starting April 2023 until March 2025. Brothers and
sisters may fill out a paper form or an electronic form on the website. There are two Deacons who will need to be nominated for a second 2-year term. In addition, there are five vacancies which will need to be filled. Deacons are a critical part of church leadership. They are responsible for planning and executing the operational functions to ensure effective ministries of serving the brothers and sisters of ACC. Please leave your finished paper form in offering box.
- ACC 42nd Anniversary Gift. Please pick up your small gift from our usher team at the hobby after worship.
- Today(10/9) is National Pastor Appreciation Day. You are welcome to show appreciation to pastors in your own ways, recognizing their contributions and service, encouraging them to continue their faithful work in Christ.
- Food Distribution. ACC is serving the community on the 4th Saturday of every month, please scan the QR code to serve together, access code: Godisgood
- ACC Sunday Lunch. Sign up each week by Wednesday to let us know that you and your family will be joining us for lunch. Scan the QR code below to register or use the link
- You may give your offerings in-person, through mail, or online through ACC’s website.
- If you have any kind of needs, please contact our pastoral staff.
Thanksgiving & Prayer
PRAY FOR THE WORLD AND MISSIONS
- Pray for the disaster relief after Hurricane Ian. May the Lord comfort His people and speed up the relief effort.
- Pray for the Ukraine war that the Lord would make His will known and bring peace to the nations.
- Pray for ACC-supported missionaries that they could serve well in their respective mission field and they would receive needed prayer and financial support. Pray for good rest and spiritual refreshing for those missionaries who are on home assignments (Ray D., Leeling K., and Dorothy T.).
PRAY FOR THE CHURCH
- Praise God that we had a great Anniversary service last Sunday. Pray that ACC members will experience God’s abundant blessings while we remain faithful to His calling and vision for ACC.
- Pray that our leaders will daily seek to grow their knowledge and wisdom of Christ so that all ministries will be done according to the leading of the Spirit.
PRAY FOR EACH OTHER
- Pray for Pastor Kai’s healing and for comfort and rest for Kythrine and the family. The family is planning to try acupuncture treatment. Pray for the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Wayne and Christina Y. have arrived safely and are on their vision trip in Malaga, Spain (9/30- 10/20/22) to work with Christar and their African refugees. Pray for God’s clear direction for their future in ministry.
- Praise God that Peter W. was able to talk a bit. Pray for peace and patience for Peter. Pray for healing.
- Praise God that Joanne Y. and Annis L. have arrived safely in Hong Kong. Pray for both of their fathers’ salvation and healing.
- Pray for God’s comfort for those who lost close family members recently: Helen T. (her mom) , Yi-Hwa L. (Shumeng), and Kimnie C. (David C).
- Pray for those battling cancer: Hsiao-Lan, Chuck L.’s dad and mom-in-law.
- Pray for the scheduling of Raymond W.’s heart surgery.
Next Sunday’s Speaker
- Pastor Jason