- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Living as a member of God’s family
March 10, 2021 All day
Ephesians 4:1-6 NLT
1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God.
2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love.
3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future.
5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all, who is over all, in all, and living through all.
Play and Sing to prepare yourself for the prayer session
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Ephesians 4:1-6 NLT
- Apostle Paul uses seven “one” to describe who and why you are in God’s family. Ruminate them in your mind. Which “one” seems to linger longer in your thoughts? Explore its meaning in your mind and implications for your life right now.
- What may you do differently if you “lead a life worthy of your calling”?
- Pray that you stand firm in your faith by affirming the seven “one” mentioned by Paul. Speak to God about the things you may do differently starting today so you may “lead a life worthy of your calling”.
- Paul used the word “beg”. What he asked you to do is neither “easy” nor “natural”. Speak to God about the difficulties you may face in doing them. Pray that the brothers and sisters in ACC live in unity in Christ as a member of God’s family with the power of the Holy Spirit despite of our diversity in background, thoughts and opinions.
- Paul beeches us to “bind together with peace.” Pray that the peace of God fills our minds and hearts as each one of us is exerting our efforts to fulfill the calling of God and to overcome our current difficulties.