- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Faith and Trust in God of Heaven, the great and awesome God, who answers prayers
April 6, 2021 @ 11:00 PM
Nehemiah 1:1-11 NLT
1 These are the memoirs of Nehemiah son of Hacaliah. In late autumn, in the month of Kislev, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes’ reign, I was at the fortress of Susa.
2 Hanani, one of my brothers, came to visit me with some other men who had just arrived from Judah. I asked them about the Jews who had returned there from captivity and about how things were going in Jerusalem.
3 They said to me, “Things are not going well for those who returned to the province of Judah. They are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem has been torn down, and the gates have been destroyed by fire.”
4 When I heard this, I sat down and wept. In fact, for days I mourned, fasted, and prayed to the God of heaven.
5 Then I said, “O Lord, God of heaven, the great and awesome God who keeps his covenant of unfailing love with those who love him and obey his commands,
6 listen to my prayer! Look down and see me praying night and day for your people Israel. I confess that we have sinned against you. Yes, even my own family and I have sinned!
8 We have sinned terribly by not obeying the commands, decrees, and regulations that you gave us through your servant Moses. “Please remember what you told your servant Moses: ‘If you are unfaithful to me, I will scatter you among the nations.
9 But if you return to me and obey my commands and live by them, then even if you are exiled to the ends of the earth, I will bring you back to the place I have chosen for my name to be honored.’
10 “The people you rescued by your great power and strong hand are your servants.
11 O Lord, please hear my prayer! Listen to the prayers of those of us who delight in honoring you. Please grant me success today by making the king favorable to me. Put it into his heart to be kind to me.” In those days I was the king’s cup-bearer.
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Nehemiah 1:1-11 NLT
- Nehemiah wept, fasted, and prayed. What caused him – not of the priestly rank – to do that? When was the last time you wept, fasted, and prayed?
- List all the attributes of God mentioned in Nehemiah’s prayer and keep them in your heart.
- Remember God‘s words and deeds in your life. Recall his promises to you. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal how you failed to act in accordance with your calling in Christ through both your action and inaction. Ask forgiveness and commit to live more like Jesus.
- Pray in intercession for those brothers and sisters in need (such as health, finances, marriages, children, etc.) Ask God to show you what action you should take to help them. Express to God both your dependence upon and trust in Him.
- There are a lot of “new/rebuilding” activities underway in ACC, such as new leadership under Pastor Kai, re-opening of in-person worship and small group activities, renewed engagements with people in the Southlake Campus. Pray that we are faithful to God’s calling and obey His commands, and that He is kind to us and grant us favor and success.