- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus : Jesus – Miracle worker and Lord
July 7, 2021 – July 10, 2021 CDT
Luke 5:1-11 NLT
1 One day as Jesus was preaching on the shore of the Sea of Galilee, great crowds pressed in on him to listen to the word of God.
2 He noticed two empty boats at the water’s edge, for the fishermen had left them and were washing their nets.
3 Stepping into one of the boats, Jesus asked Simon, its owner, to push it out into the water. So he sat in the boat and taught the crowds from there.
4 When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”
5 “Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.”
6 And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear!
7 A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.
8 When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m such a sinful man.”
9 For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him.
10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!”
11 And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Luke 5:1-11 NLT
- Recall Simon Peter’s encounter with Jesus in your mind until you remember what Jesus said and what Simon Peter said in response. Ask yourself, what lead Simon Peter to say “But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.” and later, “Oh, Lord, please leave me —- I’m such a sinful man.”?
- Meditate on the words of Jesus “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” How do these words impact you now?
- Pray that you are alert to see Jesus’s work of miracles in your daily life. Ask Him to show you the connection between your obedience and the miracles which you will see in your life.
- Jesus calls disciples to do ministry in partnership with each other. Pray that you have partners who serve with you and support you in the ministry of telling others about Jesus and bringing them to Jesus.
- Pray that everyone in ACC is not afraid to “fish for people”, i.e. to tell others about the person Jesus and the Good News of salvation so that they become followers of Jesus and call Him “Lord”. Ask Jesus to give us determination and courage in doing so.