- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Be Transformed by the love of Christ
May 12, 2021 – May 14, 2021 CDT
Ephesians 3:14-21 NLT
14 When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,
15 the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth.
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit.
17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Ephesians 3:14-21 NLT
- Meditate on the immeasurable love of Christ – how wide, long, high and deep! Which words come to mind to describe God’s love?
- How do you respond to God’s wonderful revelation of His love?
- Pray that you experience the love of Christ daily. To experience is to use all your senses in observing, hearing, interacting, and knowing His love. In the words of the Message translation “Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God.”
- Pray that you would be transformed (not stay the same) by Jesus’ radical act of love. Pray that you would respond in action by doing what Christ requires of you. Jesus said in John 14:31, “but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.”
- Pray for the transformation of ACC, to be the LOVING body of Christ ready to do the work He has called us to do: being His witnesses in Arlington and in Southlake. GOD IS LOVE.