- This event has passed.
English Worship 2022-07-17
July 17, 2022 @ 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM CDT
|Worship in Song||Worship Team|
|Message “Ever Wonder Why?”||Pastor Jason|
|The preaching theme of the year 2022 is “Why Church?” Through the Book of Acts|
and Ecclesiology, we will learn the meaning of the church that God created, and
how we can worship God, grow in spirit, and share the gospel together.
- The current term of all 3 ACC Trustees has expired and requires new election. The Elder/Deacon Joint Board nominates them all for another three-year term. We will have a membership meeting today (7/17) to pass the nomination of brothers Wayne Yee, Eddie Lee, and Hock Lim as the trustees for Arlington Chinese Church. Please Scan the QR Code to vote.
- ACC Sunday Lunch resumes. To ensure we have enough food, you need to sign up each week by Wednesday to let us know that you and your family will be joining us for lunch. Scan the QR code to register
- Awana registration for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 is NOW OPEN. Scan this QR Code for more information and to register your child.
- Director of Administration Meijoo Aw has resigned and will work untill end of July. We are very grateful to her for doing a good job over the past months. We are currently looking for a replacement for this position and will provide training. This person needs to be fluent in English (can speak Chinese is a plus). The responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Organize the office.
- To assist the congregation to learn about the facilities and procedures. Liaise with contractors, maintenance companies and community organizations.
- Help the church to ensure that all facilities and buildings are well maintained, and their operations are safe and smooth.
If anyone is interested in this full-time or part-time job, please contact our deacon Franky Lee at 817-808-7321 or any church staff.
Thanksgiving & Prayer
- Praise the Lord that the grand opening of the Southlake campus went very well. We have 124 people (103 adults and 21 children) joined in total, including 8 completely new families and many old friends. Praise the Lord for His faithful guidance.
- Please pray for this world, the pandemic, the Ukraine War, and the school shootings. Pray for the protection and provision from the Lord. Pray for those who are in need may find their comfort and hope in the Lord.
- Please pray for the pastors, staff, elders, deacons, ministry leaders, small group leaders, and helpers at church to have wisdom and strength from God to follow God’s guidance and serve together with unity.
- Please pray for the Southlake Ministry:
- Please pray that God uses SL campus to reach out to His people and to glorify His name.
- Please pray for the Children Ministry and the Youth Ministry which are in desperate need of teachers and helpers.
- Please pray for church ministries and activities:
- Chinese summer Bible study from June to August
- Art Camp on 7/25-29
- Mid-west short mission trip on 9/9-18
- Please pray for brothers and sisters in need:
- Mrs. Wong, who is the mother of Elder Shum’s wife Helen, went back home with the Lord. Pray for God’s comfort for the family.
- Pray for David and Kimnie as they mourn the sudden passing of their son, Judah. Pray for peace, comfort, and focus as they prepare for Judah’s funeral on July 23rd. Pray for Wayne and Christina who will accompany Kimnie to pack up Judah’s belongings and handle other matters related to his passing.
- Continue to pray for the healing and recovery from other illnesses: Hsiao-Lan(cancer) David C.(cancer), Shumeng (cancer and stroke), Gracy’s father (cancer), Ling Ling (cancer), Teacher Brenda, and Chantal (recovery from cancer treatment).
Next Sunday’s Speaker
- Pastor Simon