The youth ministry of ACC consists of a group of incredible young people from grades 7 -12 who are shepherded by an even more incredible group of volunteers. We have monthly activities in addition to our Friday night meeting (TGIF) and Sunday School.
The youth ministry strives to (1) win lost students to faith in Christ, (2) build believing students in their faith in Christ, and (3) equip committed students to serve Christ.
- TGIF (Teens Growing in Faith) – every Friday evening from 7:30 – 9:30 PM with a time of fellowship around snacks afterward. We spend time each night worshipping God together, playing games together, worshipping God together, and studying the Word of God together.
- Sunday School – every Sunday morning from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM. We fellowship around the snacks that are provided each week and then spend time praying together and studying God’s Word together.
- Valentine’s Banquet – a banquet celebrating God’s love on a Friday evening in February near Valentine’s Day.
- Student Conference – our students participate in a student conference each spring.
- Youth Lab – a student leadership conference in early April for our Servant Team members.
- DCCYC (Dallas Chinese Christian Youth Camp) – our youth camp each summer at the end of June.
- Summer Mission Trip – each summer–usually in July–we serve Christ on a mission trip.
- D-Now – Every year we have a D-Now (Discipleship Now) conference over Labor Day weekend where students play together, worship together, study God’s Word together, and serve God together.
- Lock-In – an all-night run of fun at the beginning of Christmas break each year.
- Students each year can apply to be a part of the ACC Youth servant team, a group that receives practical training in how to lead as a Christian and exercises that leadership in service of the youth of Arlington Chinese Church. There are monthly training and planning meetings as well as an annual retreat at the end of July / beginning of August.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit our youth page at acc-youth.org. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our youth minister, Kevin Peterson, either by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.