- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Living in harmonious relationships
March 17, 2021 All day
Colossians 3:12-17 NLT
12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.
16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts.
17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Colossians 3:12-17 NLT
- Think about the significance of these words: “God chose you to be the holy people he loves”. As a holy people (holy means “set apart”, “sanctified for His purpose”), how do you live in harmonious relationships with other people around you?
- Amongst all the actions that Apostle Paul mentioned, identify three which you need to do to become a “holy people”.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you the motivation and power to do the three things you identify to become a “holy people”.
- Remember how Jesus forgives you. Thank Him for His forgiveness by bearing your sins on the cross. Ask Jesus to help you to forgive the people who offend you or hurt you.
- Affirm we (you and ACC) are God’s chosen people. He loves us. Therefore, we must be holy because He is holy. (ref. 1 Peter 1:16). Commit to let love binds us all together in perfect harmony. And, whatever we do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus.