- This event has passed.
Prayer Focus: Worship the LORD, my Shepherd Who is absolutely just and righteous
April 14, 2021 All day
Nehemiah 4:1-5 NLT
1 Sanballat was very angry when he learned that we were rebuilding the wall. He flew into a rage and mocked the Jews,
2 saying in front of his friends and the Samarian army officers, “What does this bunch of poor, feeble Jews think they’re doing? Do they think they can build the wall in a single day by just offering a few sacrifices? Do they actually think they can make something of stones from a rubbish heap—and charred ones at that?”
3 Tobiah the Ammonite, who was standing beside him, remarked, “That stone wall would collapse if even a fox walked along the top of it!”
4 Then I prayed, “Hear us, our God, for we are being mocked. May their scoffing fall back on their own heads, and may they themselves become captives in a foreign land!
5 Do not ignore their guilt. Do not blot out their sins, for they have provoked you to anger here in front of the builders.”
Read/Meditate the Scripture: Nehemiah 4:1-5 NLT
- Many emotions are being exhibited by the enemies (Sanballat and Tobiah) as well as Nehemiah. Name them. What emotions are stirred up in you as you read this passage?
- Why did Nehemiah pray such prayer? Was this prayer coming from hate or was Nehemiah angry because God was being mocked and provoked and this was intolerable?
- Praise God for His presence in our lives. As a result, we have peace in us – a peace that the world cannot give. “The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.” Psalm 23:1
- Worship the LORD – only He knows all the facts, only He is absolutely just and righteous. He says, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back.” Deut 32:35
- ACC is on the move to expand God’s kingdom. Our adversaries are also on the move – mocking us, discouraging us, shaming us. Pray that we will not be discouraged, for we march in the name of God and as a people of God!